• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

whats the best fitness/nutrition/bodybuilding book you read?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle - Tom Venuto

Good mix of dietary/athletic information about making your body into a lean, fat burning machine. Has a mix of topics: goal setting, body composition, commentary on 'diets', good/bad fat, water, eating plans, weights, cardio, etc.

He has a bunch of smaller books/articles on topics like: recipes, lists of good/bad foods, workout techniques, strategy, macronutrients, etc.

I suppose this is more of a lifestyle book than a body building book, as I the majority seems to be on diet with smaller section on fitness. Probably not useful for body builders already in the game.

Courier :)

Just got back from the library and picked up swarzeneggers enyclopedia of bodybuilding.

Exercise - Practical Programming for Strength Training by Mark Rippetoe and Lon Kilgore

Nutrition - Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes. It's not a diet book but rather it's a scientific history of nutrition. It goes very in depth about how our current diet came to be and why many of our common beliefs about nutrition are so grossly incorrect.

^ the rippetoe book he suggested is a good one. Starting Strength by Rip too for a more fundamental/basic approach that concentrates on form.

So far ive read pro style bodybuilding by tom platz, flawless by homosexual bob paris, getting stronger by bill pearl, encyclopedia by swarzenegger, and strength training anatomy. Also read a book called Nutrition.

CRUNCH

its a wicked book about the CRUNCH gyms in LA and NYC frickin hilarious and super informative!!!

it's an oldie but goody

9780671531638.gif

The best diet book i've EVER read (and pretty much cured me of my anorexia in a way) is Intuitive eating. It's common sense info but at that time it was well needed guidance.

The best fitness book i've read is Getting Stronger. But I haven't read many, got all if not most of my info online. I used that info to lose 120 pounds though when I was 13.

Getting Stronger is ok, but i wish the library had Keys to the Inner Universe, which is his other book.

Status
Not open for further replies.